Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Can You Say Stash Enhancement!

Well I have been adding to my stash and thought I would post a few pics of some of my new fabric finds. I also wanted to post the bolt of fabric that my sweetie gave me for Easter. I will start with it first. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I have a love affair with Batik fabric and that I absolutely love all batiks. for Easter this year my sweetie added once again to my stash and this is what I received. The long one is the bolt of fabric it has 10yds. The small one is just 3yds, because they did not have much left of this. Just luscious.................
Then I find batiks in strips! I did a happy dance when I found these. Also could not resist the fat quarters that I found. Look at the wonderful colors.
Next on the stash enhancement list is all this st.patrick fabric I found for .50 cents a yard. I bought all they had of each kind. This will be made into wall-hangings and table runners for Christmas gifts that I am making for family. My sister goes out for all the holidays with decorations and such, so she will be getting some great goodies for Christmas.
Next is more stash enhancement: I love the paisley fabric and the stripe.
Next we have some more black and white and then a fq that I just liked.
Finally this is another RR block that I am working on. This one is Gerry K's block which she is calling "Gypsy Rose". I've already started on the block and have completed the outline of the paisley that she requested I add to her block. I thought I would add something to the middle of it but have not decided as to what yet. Maybe some silk ribbon flowers?????? Hmmmmm......... I am in the thinking mode on this one. I will post pics of what I decide as I go along. Anyhow, here is a sneak peek of her block as it stands now.
A close-up of the my work so far:A while back I received a package from Rengin at http://renginscolors.blogspot.com with some wonderful goodies. I sent her some fabric that she liked and in return she sent me some wonderful items. Thank you again Rengin for all the lovely things you sent. Look at all the lovely roses. They are just gorgeous.
I had never seen or heard of "Oyas" before, but this work is absolutely stunning! She sells this in her Artfire studio here: http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&seller_id=26343 you should stop by and see what she has and add some to your collection. I know I will be adding more to my stash in the near future.

Everything she sent is so beautiful. I will be making a wall hanging from these items soon for my home. The rose above is just gorgeous and look at those rose beads, they are handmade the pic does not do them justice. I am already planning the blocks that will be used, so stay tuned for the revealing of them. Whew! This has been a long post. I do have more photos but am not sure if I should post them or not. I have pics of all the fairy fabric that I have bought but am not sure if it will be ok to post pics of them or not. Anyhow, they are just beautiful and will post about them soon. Happy Stitching Everyone,

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Looks like you've been busy having lots of fun, Wendy. What did you make the paisley with? Whatever they are, they sure look cool!

Wendy said...

Hi Judy, I made the paisley out of a length of beading that I took off a collar of a dress I purchased at a yard sale. I thought it made a good paisley.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails