Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Some Updates

Today has been a busy day for me but I do have some updates to post. First is the swip=slow work in progress. Remember my redwork peacock wall hanging, well I have finally finished the all the flowers except for the small one at the very bottom and I am now working on the tail of the peacock again. Now remember that I only work on this when I take my mom to the Dr. for her heart checkups. This past week she had to go and have her defibralator checked to make sure the battery was still good and it was. Anyhow, I am slowly getting this done and wanted to post a pic of it. I will be so glad to finish this so I can hang it up in the peacock room! I am thinking a gold leaf frame would really be pretty for him.
Next is pics of what I sent my swap partner for the July 4th swap that I was in. I am so pleased with how everything turned out. I hope my partner likes what I sent her. First is this little mini quilt. It could be used as a candle mat or hung on the wall if she likes for the holiday.
Here is a pic of the back also, the fabric looks like fireworks which I just love and is also in keeping with the holiday we are celebrating. I love these little mini quilts they are quick, easy and go together really fast.
Next is a group pic of all I sent her. I took a red apron and appliqued stars with the same fabric as the backing on the quilty. There is a liberty angel and some pot holders as well. Anyhow, they are on their way to a new home for the fourth! As always this was a fun swap and I always like swapping over at Heidi's blog. She is a great hostess. You can find her here: http://foxglovesfabricandfolly.blogspot.com/ go check her out sometime she has a nice site.
Well that is it for me tonight I will be back tomorrow with more updates and some fun stuff. I hope to have the art quilt for my giveaway finished by Monday and will post a pic as soon as I do finish it. Happy Stitching,

9 comments:

Jane said...

The peacock look fantastic, it was lovely to see him again

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Hi Wendy! I love the way your peacock is coming along - can't wait to see the picture when you have it all done!
Hugs,
Kerry

Beena said...

Your red work peacock is beautiful! I am envious because my hand stitching leaves a lot to be desired. What gorgeous work you've done!

Maddie Can Fly said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have this same peacock pattern, done on black with the peacock in all his glorious color. I picked it up at an antique shop! I love your redwork version.

Karen said...

Wendy,
Your peacock is so beautiful. A peacock room??? Would love to see it!

CottageBliss said...

Wendy, your peacock is breath-taking!
I'd love to see your peacock room.
Melissa

AMBER said...

am new to your site, and wonder about the peacock. Where did the pattern come from, and what is the name of the package? I just love that peacock, and would love to do one for myself. I think you do really great work.

Amber

Wendy said...

The pattern is an Aunt Martha's that I picked up at Hobby Lobby about a year ago.

The peacock room is going to be decorated in nothing but peacocks. I love this bird, so I thought I would dedicate a room to him. I have started collecting anything with peacocks on it and will be putting it all together in one room.

Anonymous said...

The peacock is lovely!! Wow all peacocks how wonderful that sounds!!

Your swap quilt turned out great!


As always you provided such great eye candy!!!


Have a splendid weekend Wendy


Ann Flowers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails