Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Another Project In My Future

Well I have finally gotten around to actually making a Dear Jane quilt. This one is being done as a block of the month. The thing I really like about it is it is going to be in bright rainbow colors! Colors that I really like. And it being a block of the month makes it doable for me. I will receive fabric and directions for 10 blocks each month starting in October and it is a 24 month bom. Which is good for me, surely I will be able to do 10 blocks a month. Then at the end of 24 months I will have a completed Dear Jane quilt. I am so excited about this. If anyone wants to make this rainbow Jane you need to go on over to www.twiddletails.com and sign up. Sign ups for this particular bom is very limited due to the color scheme. Or you can click the button on my sidebar to go and sign up. This is going to be a fun and wonderful quilt when finished. I just wanted to give those who have been sitting on the fence like me a chance to sign up and go for it. I have wanted to do one of these for the longest time so I am going to take the plunge.

On another note, thank you to all who have commented on my back with well wishes. It is getting better. I am doing some yoga and pilates and it is helping. Also, thank each of you for your kind words about my work. I don't always take the time to answer all the comments, but I do read them and thank each of you in turn for taking time out of your busy schedules to visit here and leave such nice comments. If you ask a question I do try and answer so come back and check it out often to find your answer.

I don't have any pics today but I am working on a few things. I found out I was going to be a gran again from my oldest daughter with her due date being 12th of Feb. I am working on a baby quilt for her now as I want to make more than one. I will post pics soon of the one I am working on. It is a raggy quilt (the first one I have made like this) and is Winnie the Pooh theme since that is what she is doing for the nursery. This one is made of all flanels of some pooh fabric that I have had for a few yrs. The next one will be Pooh themed also, but out of 100% cotton fabrics. I am trying to decide on a design for this one. I am thinking on fussy cutting the characters so I may use stars or churn dash to showcase them. I will try and post pics of the fabric later on today if I have time.
Happy Stitching Everyone,
Wendy

2 comments:

Beena said...

The Dear Jane quilt sounds like it will be a lot of fun! But so does a Winnie the Pooh quilt! Congrats on being a gran again! I will look forward to upcoming posts on these.
I am very glad your back is beginning to feel better, Wendy.

Jane said...

Congratulations on the coming grandchild. The quilts sound lovely

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails