Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Night Blooming Orchid has Bloomed!

 My night blooming orchid finally has bloomed after having it for over ten yrs.! It started to open at midnight last night. This is the first pic at 12:00
This was at 1:45 am
This was at 3:45 am

This was at 5:00 am this morning


And this was at 7:45 am this morning the bloom was already closing! It was large enough to fit inside a punch bowl and fill it up! And the smell was heavenly!

I have been so tired all day, but it was well worth the watching of this bloom take place. My mom's plant has two blooms on it and we hope they bloom together! If not we will be so tired when it does bloom.
Happy Stitching,
Wendy

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

That is spectacular!

Cathy H. said...

This is beautiful. My Mother has my Grandmother's plant and we love to watch it bloom. So unique and beautiful.

Jane said...

That's amazing, it would have been so sad to have missed it

Laurie said...

Wendy I've never seen one before, it's so pretty! I wouldn't have wanted to close my eyes either, for fear I'd miss it! Especially after waiting for 10 years.

Anonymous said...

Oh Wendy what a stunning flower!!!! How thoughtful to share such a a special treat after waiting 10 years. You caught amazing pictures.

So beautiful!!!


Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

Barb said...

Just beautiful.

Reminds me of that "Denis the Menace" show...did you ever watch him? His neighbor was waiting to see his night bloom open...well...Denis messes it all up...oh well..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails