Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Fabric Haul

I just wanted to post some of my stash enhancement that I have gotten since November. For my birthday my dh gave me all this "  Bliss"  fabric........one fat quarter pack, one jelly roll, three charm packs and 5yds of the medallions for backing......I love this line of fabric.....
Next up is my "  Spirit"   haul........I have been wanting this fabric for a while also.......a fat quarter pack and jelly roll.......
 Next up is the new Tula Pink "  Parisville"   in the pomegranate colorway. Fat quarter pack and a 1yd piece.....I love this line. I cannot wait to get the rest of them and some jelly rolls hopefully.
 Next up we have some lovely peacock fabric that hubs picked up today.....I only wanted a yard and he came back with 4yds total because he knows how I just love peacocks. I see some pillows in the future........
He also gave me these for Christmas.......a new quilting foot for my Bernina and some templates that I have been wanting.......
Last but not least......we play a fun and highly competitive game at my mom's on Christmas called dirty santa.....this year was as fun as always and there were some great gifts. My brother and his girlfriend decided to buy all the gifts this year.......there was a great selection of gifts......I chose my gift and it was a nice flannel shirt.......you can steal a gift you like if you want to but I chose to keep the shirt for later........glad I did......after all the stealing had been going on after my turn the bag made its appearance......I could not believe it........of course no-one else there knew the great value of the bag except for me. I love anything Laurel Burch........it was traded to the pot and stayed there.....no-one wanted it.........at the end I was asked if I wanted to trade my shirt for anything left on the table......you bet I did......I now own this cute little Laurel Burch cat bag.......I am sooooooo happy.........I guess only a quilter would appreciate this bag.......that was to my good......
Hubby also bought me Kaffe Fassett's book Country Garden Quilts...this book has some very lovely quilts inside and I plan to make a few of these in the future.......All in all we had a great Christmas......lots of food and most of all time well spent with all of our family........priceless......
 The quilts in this book are really nice and as always I love the way the he has presented all the quilts........the garden shots are just lovely......more on the quilts inside at a later date...... Hope everyone has a happy new year.......I will be taking a break until Jan. 1st......then I will be back and ready for the new year......

Happy Stitching,
Wendy

3 comments:

Melissa ;-) said...

Your hubby is quite the quilty shopper! Great gifts! And it is a good thing there aren't any other quilters in your family or you'd have been rolling around on the floor tussling over that bag! I know I would have!

Laurie said...

What awesome fabrics Wendy!! I too love the bag. Lucky you!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Wow Wendy!~ what a great bunch of fabrics and gifts! Can't wait to watch you create! Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails