Pages

Friday, August 05, 2011

This & That

Thank you for all the well wishes.....I have felt much better this week.....the figs are starting to come in and I put up 10 jars of preserves this week so far......yummy!
Next up I had some thimbles left over from this project and decided to make another little quilt using them.....so now I will have two but I am thinking I will use different borders on this one......and I may give this one away.....who knows......
 I have also changed directions in mini quilt I was doing.....I was going to do wonky stars but I could not get the points to do what I wanted them to....working in miniature is not always easy.....since the blocks would finish at two inches, I really needed the spikes on the stars to come out perfect.....well they would not line up for me so I have started over......this is a proto-type of the star I am doing now......each little diamond measures one inch.....the quarter is to show the scale....this star is just a sample as I will be using different fabrics.....I like how it turned out......I do need to stitch closer so the thread will not show through, that is why I did a practice run......
Until next time,
Wendy

2 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Wow, I cannot imagine working with so small pieces...
Glad you're feeling better...
Mama Bear

Cat said...

Please share your fig recipe with me LOL :) we have a fig tree and the kids won't eat them off the tree so I need to know what to do with them

Your quilt is so bright and beautiful xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails