Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

National Button Day...

I was reading a blog I follow today and her post was about this being National Button Day...well I could not go without posting some of my buttons as well in honor of it being Button Day! I have a large collection of vintage buttons that was my grans and my moms...we used to play with them as kids and used them as money and such in games we played...most of these buttons holds many memories of days happily playing in the button tin...since I have had them I have added to them on and off through the years...here are just a few of my buttons...a few put together...the yellow ones came from a dress my mom wore when she was a little girl in the 30's...they are very fragile and I only have a few of these now...the black one is made of jet and came off a mourning dress. 
 these are made of bone and came off a coat that my mom wore...
 I love the green ones with the lilly petals on them...and the chocolate buttons with knots...these came from gran as well.
 These buttons are made of leather and are in really good condition considering their age.
I hope you have enjoyed my buttons as much as I do...I will be back on tomorrow with the results of my FNSI...
Wendy

7 comments:

Barb said...

I love buttons and enjoyed seeing yours

Terry said...

Buttons are wonderful! When Emily was little (but old enough to know not to eat the buttons) she used to sort them by color into muffin tins when she was at my mom's. She always had so much fun! :0)

Jane said...

Got to love a good collection of buttons!

chrissie said...

Wonderful button collection. I ever realised that buttons had a special day

Chrissie x

Indigo Blue said...

the buttons on the last picture remind me of my Grandad who used to wear cardigans with this style on them. National Button Day, is that just in the USA as this would be a good date to use with my textiles club next year.

Debbie S. said...

Wonderful button memories, thanks for sharing.

Judy S. said...

Fun! Yours are way more organized than mine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails