Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Last Snow Fall...

We had was right before I went into the hospital...I am just now finally getting around to posting the pics I took that night...a good thing I did as it was all gone the next morning...still pretty though...
This is a very old apple tree on my dads property....I just love how it looks with snow on the winter limbs...it has the best tasting apples during the fall....
 This is a big granddaddy pine tree across the street from where we live...I just love how the ice and snow hangs on the little needles of this big old tree...it was stunning to look at...
 This pic has a eerie feeling to it...like something you would see out on a lonely stretch of highway or something...yet this was in the backyard...I don't know why it looks partly red in the pic, but I really do like it...it was covered in ice and snow as well...
 A nice clump of monkey grass coated down with snow...I was freezing by this time and am surprised that it was not blurry as I was shaking so hard...
My oldest daughter and I knew if we did not get pics right then all the beauty would be gone by morning...and it was...by 8am there was no trace of snow or ice left...just lots of puddles of water and the creek and pond over flowing....was pretty while it lasted though...I have not forgot about the 700th post giveaway...I am trying to decide what I want to give away first...so stay tuned, hopefully by the first of the week I will have decided and will post about it...Keep those needles busy...
Wendy

8 comments:

Terry said...

The snow sure is beautiful, but I won't be sad when it stops falling from the sky! LOL

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Wish I could blink and all MY snow would be gone in the AM. Northern Indiana..we have another winter snow coming on Tuesday. Glad you enjoyed your snow,though. Glad you feel better too.

Barb said...

Wonderful pictures....are you ok?

Judy S. said...

Great photos, Wendy, especially since you must have been feeling pretty bad when you were taking them. Hope you're all better now.

Chookyblue...... said...

magical snow pics.........so pleased you took them when you did........

Anthea said...

Oh my, Wendy, these are amazing, beautiful & slightly eerie pics - stunning too - thanks for sharing them. I hope you are doing better now xx

chrisi said...

we dont have snow this winter, not normal

Karen said...

gorgeous pictures Wendy but not so gorgeous in real life if you need to go out!
http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails