Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

A Finish....


From a practice block...this little mug rug was made using the block I used as practice for this weeks McTavishing...I am loving how this design makes the quilting look so good...I plan to use this in a quilt I hope to start quilting this week...just need the thread to start...it is a Christmas quilt that has been languishing for some time now...hopefully I will get a start on that this week...I am linking up with Amy here as she has issued this months quilting challenge to be learning to mctavish or improving your mctavishing...for me it is a new learning curve....I have seen this design and have even watched videos for some time on this stitch and just have not put it to use...now is the time...
Now I have a sweet little mug rug and I am so pleased with how it turned out...since this challenge runs the whole month with the idea of learning and improving, I think my next project will be a table runner....small, yet big enough for lots of practice on this stitch...come back on next Monday to see how I have used this lovely filler stitch...
Wendy

12 comments:

Jane said...

Looks lovely, these are a great size for practising on

Terry said...

It looks great! :0)

Judy S. said...

Nice work! Free motion, right? Do you have a stitch regulator?

Anonymous said...

Looks really good!

Patti said...

Looks very nice & curvy

Barb said...

Your quilting is fabulous!

Amy @ Amy's FMQ Adventures said...

That's great! And it's bound and all done too! It's embarassing how many pieces I have quilted up for my blog (or worse, for gifts)but not finished off!

Debbie said...

Wow....great job. You have got this one down.

Dena@LivingWaterQuilter.com said...

It looks great. What a great beginning!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Quilting is fantastic!

lauraluvsloons said...

I love it when practice quilting produces a useable item. The McTavishing and the mug rug look terrific.

Karen said...

I really love this Wendy...the lines just flow so beautifully...
http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails