Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Projects for the new year


This year is swiftly coming to a close and the new year is out before us. I am looking forward with great enthusiasm to the projects I will be working on in the coming year. The first one is a crazy quilt that I have set aside this past year. I just lost interest in working on the blocks and put it away. It has a total of 17 8x8 inch blocks and one large center block. I have joined this challenge given by ShawlK in the hopes of completing this crazy over the next year. There are five blocks already finished from a rr I was in and I added the other 12 blocks and the center block to make a nice size wall hanging for my bedroom. I will post pics of the blocks in the new year. You can go here to read more about the challenge and sign up if you are so inclined. Sign ups for this particular challenge are open until December 27,2011, so you still have a little time to join us. I am looking forward to finishing this project. At the same time I have signed up for TAST and will be combining the two.  Sharon B will be running TAST again for 2012. This will be a great way to learn new stitches and add to the projects that I will be working on in the coming year. There is still time to sign up on her blog here. Everyone is welcome and even if you don't do every stitch I am sure there will be some that you will want to learn that you do not already know how to work. Of course I will also be working on getting my sane quilt flimsies quilted and ready for use this coming year. I have 16 that need to be quilted and am hoping to get them done before making any new ones. And of course I hope to finish my yoyo quilt this next year. As it is a slow work in progress I won't be stressed about getting it done. I know that if I work on it daily it will come together in time. I started it as a slow work in progress and I am going to keep it that way until it is finished. I am not going to stress over this one as it needs a total of 2500 yoyo's. Seems like I have a busy and fun year ahead in the stitching and quilting department. What are your plans for the coming year?

Until next time,
Wendy

5 comments:

Jane said...

Sounds exciting, I shall look forward to seeing these projects progress through the year

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I joined TAST and CQ2012 also. I'm looking forward to the challenge of improving my skill and the inspiration provided by those that are participating. I am also committed to the BJP again this year. That's probably about all I can handle!

Indigo Blue said...

I look faroward to this project taking shape. For 2012 I intend on digging out any UFO's and completing them. I do not have many but it is time to clear the slate before I begin anything else.
x

Suztats said...

I did it, too! TAST 2012 and CQJP 2012! I'm in the Tuesday Stitchers study group, and signed up to take some courses on StitchMap. Looks like a busy year ahead.

Judy S. said...

Hi Wendy, I'm doing TAST also; how are your organizing your stitching? A sampler?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails