Monday, July 19, 2010

Peacock Splendar Update

Thought I would give an update on my "Peacock Splendar" block that I have been working on. I only have three seams left to do and some beading that needs to be added. I finished my bigger peacock motif last night and added his jeweled wing. I am getting excited about being finished with this project. When finished I will have him mounted and framed. The brooch is lime green and blue and is so pretty in person. This photo does not give a true look at the beauty of this block. Maybe I need to do some outside photos.hmm.

Next is some additions to the blogversary stash. I have added lace this time. Don't forget to go to the specific post below to be included in the draw on July 30th. Here is what I added this week black lace and a black lace collar that could be cut apart and used in crazy quilting or an altered art project.

But wait, I decided to add more lace. This lace is gathered lace with some flat lace and can be used for all types of projects as well. I use it for all types of projects myself from making girly girl hair bows to altered art.
This is a pic of  what I added last week:
The fabric is from Donna Dewberry's line and the photo really does not do it justice. Be sure to go here and leave a comment to be in this giveaway: http://stitchduchessscrazysanequiltingworld.blogspot.com/2010/06/blogversary.html

Happy Stitching,
Wendy

6 comments:

Carol said...

I love this block! The peacock is fantastic!

Wonderful additions to your giveaway. You are very generous.

Laurie said...

Stunning! Just beautiful Wendy! And love your give away!

Miss 376 said...

I love that peacock's tail. This is going to be stunning framed

Ann Flowers said...

GORGEOUS Peacock. You did a amazing job:)


Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

Wendy said...

Thank you ladies. I so love this block and will be glad to get it framed and hung on the wall.

Gina K said...

Wendy, you always amaze me with the beautiful work you do. What a stunning peacock...can't wait to see a picture of this block once it's all framed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails