Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

Some Christmas Spirit to Share

Just thought I would post a few pics of the trees that I have already put up and out this year. I have five more to go and will post those when I get them up. That should be sometime tomorrow I hope. I am running out of time for this!lol. Been busy here and have had so much to do and not enough time to do it in. Anyhow, I hope everyone enjoys the pics! This is called a "Brides" tree as the ornaments each hold a special meaning for a new bride.
Angel: symbolizes God
Bird: good luck
House: family shelter
Teapot: hospitality
Pine Cone: eternity
Fruit: plentiful blessings
Rose: Virgin Mary
Animal: peace with nature
Santa: giving and caring
Fish: Christ and fertility
Flower Basket: beauty in the home
This is the tree with the rest of the decorations on this table in the entryway.
In the same entryway since it is very large is my "Disney Character Tree" which is a 50's replica of a nice shiny silver tree. I put all my Disney ornaments and some stuffed Disney characters on this tree. This is my fun tree for the kids!lol
Next we have the main tree which is a work in progress, as I need to make some more of the flower balls and ribbons. But this will give you an idea of what it will look like when finished.
This is a pic of my son's tree in his loft room. Of course he is not finished with the decorating part of it. Says he will do it sometime this week!lol. Kids are so funny.
Next we have the five multi-colored small table top trees which are also in the entryway on top of my blanket chest.
Have you guessed yet that I love Christmas trees!lol Up next we have a purple tree that I was given by my middle daughter as her room colors have changed along with her taste. She is into more earthy tones now.lol This little tree is a novelty and it has fiber optic lights all through the branches. When turned on it is pretty.Next is one of two porcelain trees. The other tree was broken during our move and subsequent storage of all our stuff. Still I have this one at least.
Next are the two trees on the fireplace hearth in the living room. None of the fireplaces in this house are usable, thus I decided to place these two here.


Those are the tree's that I have up. I will post pics of the last five one day this next week. Is there anyone else who loves trees like I do? I would love to know so I could come take a look at yours. The last pic of this post is of my Nativity on the living room mantle. Of course this is something else that I collect and I have about twenty of them so far. None are the same and I do have a few vinatage ones also.

Whew, that is a lot of pics for one post. I do hope you enjoy my little festival of trees! Check back this week to see if the others are posted for your viewing pleasure.

Happy Holidays,

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Wow, Wendy, what an amazing collection! Have a wonderful new year, filled with lots of fun creative projects.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails