Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

SSCS Gifts

This is my third year participating in Chookyblue's swap...and as always it has been wonderful...this is one of my favorites to participate in...a big thank you to Chooky for gathering all of us together for such a great swap...

My partner in this swap was Sue all the way from down under! When the gift arrived she had made the cutest bird ornament which now resides on my bird tree...she also included this beautiful scarf to be opened before Christmas! The colors are rich and vibrant and are colors which I do not have...
 Then on Christmas day we were allowed to open the main gift from the swap...Sue made this wonderful bag for me....the stichery is just beautiful and the bag is big and roomy...

 The inside of the bag is so roomy and has pockets on both sides...this will be a great project bag...
all the lovely gifts from Sue...thank you so much Sue I love each one...Sue had tucked in a journal and a stitchery inside the pockets of the bag...it has rained here since this past weekend so the pics are a little off since the lighting was dreary...but the stitching on the bag is so precise and is very lovely...My partner was Bev and this is what I sent out to her...a quilted Christmas Tree wall hanging and the ornament is a Christmas stocking...

I really like how the wall hanging turned out...I may just have to make myself one for next year...
Until next time,

Edited: The package for Bev has not arrived as of yet. Hopefully it will arrive soon. I will leave this pic up as Bev wanted to see what I had made for her.
Edited: 1/2/13 Bev's package has arrived safe and sound...a new post above. 
Wendy 

9 comments:

Jane said...

What a great bag, the pockets are lovely

Gina E. said...

I like that wall hanging too, Wendy. I saw it in a magazine, and was going to make it but decided instead to make a pattern I'd had in my projects binder for a couple of years. (It is on my blog back a few posts if you want to see it). I'm determined to make this one (like yours) for next Christmas, but I won't wait until December again! What sort of idiot waits until December before she starts making Christmas themed projects? This one (pointing to self)!
Best wishes for the New Year!

Cath said...

lovely goodies....I may have to be more organised at take part this year....hopefully Chooky will be in for another year!
Csth @ Bits 'n Bobs
ps - so happy you got the pattern I sent you

Terry said...

That scarf is so pretty, and I love the bag! :0)

Anthea said...

Beautiful bag you have received for SSCS, I love that design!
And the hanging you sent to Bev is so pretty, the quilting is really lovely... I'm sure she loves it!
visiting from SSCS list

Chookyblue...... said...

Sue sent you a great bag........I must get mine finished.....

have you heard from Bev??? has your parcel arrived to her??

Nicky said...

Hi Wendy,
Your new bag is fantastic, and I love the Christmas tree you sent for this wonderful swap. All the best for 2013, I hope you have a super New Year!
Nicky x

Wendy said...

Thank you ladies, I just love the bag and enjoyed making the wall hanging...

Chooky I have sent you an email...

BevBSews said...

Wendy, Thank You - I love the gifts you made for me and look forward to receiving them. I have just the perfect space for the Christmas Tree Quilt to hang next Christmas.

Regards Bev

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails