Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Project

Whew, this has been one long weekend-first few days of the week. My lovely daughters shower was on Sat. and we all had a great time. I managed to finish the burp cloths for the shower and am working on one of three quilts for baby Jazmine. I have until Thanksgiving weekend to finish them up. I have been working on them in stages. Actually one will be a floor quilt for when she starts to sit up and roll over etc. so no hurry on that one. My niece was there and it was actually her due date with no change. Frostie received lots of great clothes mostly pink for Jaz. Below is a pic of two of the burp cloths that I made for her. I need to take pics of the others and will post them soon. I have enough  to make 12 more but I may do them a little bit different from these. I may add machine embroidery to them. Will wait and see.
Next up is a sneak peak at something that is going into a swap. It is a rosette pin. I had fun making this and it was super easy to make. I will definitely be making more of these for my artfire shop.
Last but not least is my new project that I started for me. It is an afghan made in my favorite colors. I have made all my children and hubby one and now is my turn. Mine is done in a granny strip as I did not want to do the squares for this one. I just started this so not much work done yet. This will be my relaxing project in the evenings.
The colors are just wonderful and the pic really does not do them justice. It is going to be a bright and fun afghan when finished.

On a side note for my regular readers..........please keep Mike lifted up in prayer as he will be having more surgery on the 27th of this month. And will need more in the coming months. Also we found out on Sat. that my lovely mil has colon cancer. She will be having surgery on tomorrow morning. Please keep them both lifted up in prayer for those of you who pray. I thank you in advance for all of your prayers.

Update: Everything went well and "All Is Well" with my mil! Praise God for His healing power in our lives. Thank you for all of your prayers.

Also, my sister called and Mike will not have to have surgery on the 27th. The Dr. wants to wait and see a bit more. Please continue to pray for him. God is still in control and is healing him on a progressive basis. The blood clots are still there but not moving and the rupture is healing on its on. Thank you Lord!

Happy Stitching,
Wendy

2 comments:

shanna said...

Everything is very pretty. I love your burp clothes. Much better than plain ol' ones/ white cloth diapers alternative use. Shanna from http:www.mommiesandbeyond.com

Anonymous said...

The pin looks great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails