1. Cut out your squares in the size that you want to use. Mine are 6"
2. Next put the two squares together with the right sides facing:
3. Now comes the easy peasy part. You just sew around the square a quarter of an inch away from the edge all the way around the square. This is how it will look.
4. Next you are ready to cut them apart. You put your ruler corner to corner diagonally and cut.
5. Now cut from the other edge in the same way.
6. Here is what your half square triangles will look like when you have cut them apart.
7. Just sew them together how you want them to spin and you now have a finished block. Easy peasy I am telling you. Below is my sample. I do need to re-press as I did not press the block correctly as I was in a hurry to finish this tutorial. I hope this helps you out.