Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Death By Chocolate Cake

This cake is one that I make my youngest son once a year, usually on his birthday but this year we were not in our own home and so he wanted me to wait. Well today I baked his cake for him. I started making this cake because he has a really biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig sweeeeeeeeeet tooth! I am not kidding. Although he gets it honest from me, I love anything sweet but mainly chocolate. Anyhow, I came up with this cake to satisfy his sweet tooth for cake. Boy does it ever, as this cake is so rich. It has 5lbs of chocolate along with the cake being chocolate and of course the icing as well. It is so rich that you have to eat it in small slices or be on a high sugar rush.lol The inside is all nice and gooey just like he likes it. The bottom forms a candy bar like layer. If you have a chocoholic, this cake is for them. I came up with the recipe myself and he absolutely loves it. The picture would have been better if it had been made before he started eating on it. But as always he could not wait, he actually barely waited long enough for it to cool so I could ice it.lol He said we needed taste and smell pics! It does smell and taste heavenly to be sure.

Also, I found these two neat napkin holders over the weekend. They are made out of silver and are signed and dated by the artist. They are really cute and for $1.00 I could not pass them up.

I think this is all for today, as I do not have anything else to post about. I did get up one of my design walls today. I have enough wall space to have two in this sewing room unless I have to use the extra wall for storage later on. I put up a few things today and did some stitching, but other than that I have not accomplished much. Until next time,

Happy Stitching,

1 comment:

Jane said...

Those napkin rings are gorgeous. It's amazing what you can find tucked away

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails