Pages

Monday, November 02, 2009

A Miracle For Our Family x3



Hello everyone. I just had to take a moment this morning to tell of a miracle that happened for our family on yesterday. As everyone knows this has been a hard month on my family and yesterday it rained down on us again. But in the midst of our troubles God has given us three miracles in one day. On yesterday morning my son, my nephew and my wonderful brother-in-law was in a head on crash. A lady fell asleep at the wheel while driving at a high rate of speed and came into their lane and hit them head on at the same time they were hit from behind causing the truck they were in to roll. My son was sitting next to the door on the passenger side while Elijah was in the middle with Mike driving. None had seatbelts on! which for my son has never happened before. (when questioned he said he just felt like he shouldn't put it on at the time so he didn't) The state trooper said had he had his seat belt on he would have been killed on impact of the roll over. As you can see from the pics his side was completely crushed to level of the window. You see I say a miracle times 3 for this reason. All three are alive. The boys have no major injuries. They are sore today. Coy had a 10" road rash on his right side, a small black eye and a chin bruise and cut. Elijah has a headache and is sore! Thats two miracles, that is the only injuries that these two young men recieved. Mike was not as lucky in injuries. His injuries are as follows: both hips have multiple fractures, pelvice is fractured, left femure in his thigh is broken, left ankle is broken, right lower leg is broken, right ankle is crushed, cut deep into the muscle on his upper right arm, an aortic bleed requiring 3pints of blood and brusing and scratches all over. Yet with all that he is miracle 3. They should all be dead, yet by the grace of the God that we serve they are all alive. Although yesterday was a hard day it was a good day for us. Our children are alive and Mike will recover. All because God had His hand upon our loved ones. When we got to the scene of the accident my son said " God is so good"! And He is so good to us. I thank Him for the three miracles that He gave us on yesterday. The month of October has been a hard one on us, but I will not complain as God is in control of all things. And I am so thankful that through it all God is the constant faithful and peaceful force of our lives. Everyday we encounter many things in our lives that we are not even aware of that God protects us from. And when He openly gives us a miracle, I will be faithful to openly praise Him and give Him the glory for His works in our lives. So thank you God for the three miracles on yesterday and for the miracle of my mom on last week. You are forever my strong tower and protector! There is no denying that there is a God who cares for His children and I give HIM praise for keeping my family alive on yesterday!                
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Wendy

10 comments:

Nancy said...

What a miraculous story. Sending good vibes for an equally miraculous recovery for your brother-in-law.

Jane said...

I am so pleased they all managed to get out, wishing him a very speedy recovery

Beena said...

Thanks for sharing such an inspirational story.And I agree...there were three miracles! It's always something, when you see the hand of God working in your life or the lives of your loved ones!

Gerry said...

My gosh, that photo made chills run up my spine!


Wendy, you poor thing you have had so much more happen to you than anyone should have.

I'm so happy to hear that they are all going to be okay. Just remember to hug them all gentle for awhile.

Kathy Raker said...

Praise the Lord! What else can you say but thank you. They are all alive. Poor Mike though, he will have a long time of healing.

martine said...

O dear, I don't like driving and when I see such a car...
I can imagine that you are grateful they are alive.
Hug Martine

Wendy said...

Thank you for your kind thoughts and well wishes. Mike is having surgery today to rebuild his right ankle and to put a rod in his femor (sp) bone in his left leg. On top of all that he has developed a blood clot in the lung. But God is still good and in control.

Jennifer said...

OH, WOW..... Only our loving, wonderful God, right?!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! After sending out your box of goodies in the mail yesterday, I decided to check in on your blog and see how you are doing and how your mom is doing. I didn't expect to see a post like this! Thank the Good Lord above for his protection and deliverance of all three of your loved ones during this crash! Their Guardian Angels were definitely with them that day!
In my prayers...
Your Secret Stitchers Angel

Thelma said...

Wendy! So awesome that they all are still with you,,,that truck looks bad. Prayers will be said for Mike. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails