Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Great Find



I love it when I make a great find, but when the sweet hubs finds a great deal I love him for it. Look at what he found while out on Sat. and brought home to me. A new to me Pfaff 1222 at a ridiculously small price and it hums like a dream. It also came with a number of feet. This baby is an older machine and weighs a ton, and is all metal. 

Not only that the guy also gave him a fishing tackle box full of parts for singer machines. This box is full of parts and sewing feet (I am guessing over a hundred or more as I have not counted them yet) 

This box contains anything you would need to fix a machine. Tons of bobbin races brand new! I am going to do an inventory in the next couple of days. The machine also came with two glass jars of bobbins. One is clearly marked for Singer machines, which I have in abundance! And one was half full of metal bobbins that can be used as universal bobbins. I don't know if they will work in my Bernina as I have never tried to use a universal in it. But, I do have plenty of other machines to try them with.

 And this little knife was also in the box of goodies. I am so excited about this find. My hubs really hit the jackpot for me on this! And it is so wonderful that he helps me with my love of machines, especially the older Singer machines. Soon I will need a room just for them.
I do have another machine to post about soon that was a find at the thrift store.
Until next time,
Wendy

5 comments:

Jane said...

What a treasure trove!

Indigo Blue said...

Well done Hubby!!!!!
I can not get over how full that box is of parts. You will have fun working out what each one does. Massive jar of spare bobbins too.

Oh the chap done good!!
x

Anne said...

Wow - looks like lots of play time for you. Well done to your dh. :0)

Cathy said...

SWEET - both hubby and the find!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Wow what a great find! That had to be so much fun to go through that box! Did he find it at a auction?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails