Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Knit Along and 2nd Post of The Day!


I have joined the knit along on Melody's blog found here. We are making a sweater! And I chose this beautiful teal color. I have longed to knit a sweater for years, but have never put needles in hand to do so. I am a self taught knitter and have only made dish cloths and neck warmers. So, when Melody (she is a prolific knitter and loves colour) decided to have this knit along with the way she learned when she started, I had to jump in and at least try. I also realized that I had been casting on wrongly and found out the correct way, which was also easier than what I had been doing. My stitches also look so much better. I am very slow but am hoping speed will come in time. I hope to have the back finished today sometime, but here is a pic of what I have so far. If you would like to join go on over to Melody's blog and take a look see. As for me I will be picking up the needles and work to finish the back as we will be starting another part on today. Wish me luck on this new adventure!
Until next time, 
Wendy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails