Now here is the second box ready for giveaway. I do have to say this is a smaller box and had non-quilt fabric inside. More on those at the end of the post. Here is what is in the box minus what I have removed. I am also going to remove that reel of lace(taken) and the fabric next to it. Now with that said if you would like to have any of the items being removed email me and I will send them on to you. Otherwise I will be giving them to a local charity to use for crafting with the elderly.
These are the items I have placed in the box. The peanuts and winnie the pooh are yardage as well as the orange fall leaves. The white fabric with the purple/blue markings is actually a whole quilt panel that I have had for a long time. Your quilt over the lines and then fill in to make a whole quilt. I think it is 45" x 50" if I remember rightly. Next I purchased a set of sneak previews for this box as well as the previous box as a notion. The roll of hot air balloons is 2 1/2" fabric that has been heavily starched. I purchased several of these on a trip to Atlanta to see my dd. I have used them so many times and recently used them in my sv quilt I am working on. I would suggest taking some and leaving some if you want or treat as a jelly roll.
Hopefully by doing this as the next person adds to the box it can be placed in a larger box. I may add more from my stash this week if I have time to go through my stash again. I did keep a couple of fat quarters. Please follow the guidelines and rules provided for these boxes so that everyone who gets them will have good fabric to look through. I may add a magazine or two as well. If you want a chance at this box leave a comment on this post only. The drawing will close on Thursday the 28th at midnight central time. Good luck!
- Be an active blogger. Post about receiving and the giveaway on your blog in a timely manner.
- There is a note in the box that logs where the box has been. Please add your info and place the note back in the box.
- There is a list of Rules and Guidelines in the box. Please read and follow these and return the list to the box.
- You may take anything you like from the box. Just replace every item with comparable quilt shop quality items equal to the amount taken. See guidelines below.
- Ship the box to the next person in a reasonable amount of time.
- Due to the amount of postage shipping is only within the USA.
The definition of a stash is a secret store of valuables. For quilters it's a collection of usable quality products. The stash should contain mostly fabric with a few patterns and/or books and other items.
- FABRIC: Should be quilt shop quality in new condition. Scraps should only be included if they are cut for adding to a collection and packaged accordingly (i.e. I-Spy squares, postage stamp squares, etc.). There should not be anything under a Fat Quarter unless packaged like this.
- PATTERNS/BOOKS: Should be in new or gently used condition. They should be kept to a minimum (books are bulky and add weight).
- OTHER ITEMS: Should be in new or gently used condition. Tools, notions, etc. These items should be packaged if necessary.
- If you receive a box with anything that is of "poor" condition you should not feel guilty in tossing it out.
- Only put items in the box that you would be proud to own. The box is NOT a dumping place for all your outdated unwanted items.
- Items should be free of smoke and pet hairs.
- You must replace items you take with the same quantity of like-kind items. Replacing more than you take is always welcome. :) There is a guide to Pre-Cut amounts below for your reference.
GUIDELINES TO PRE-CUT AMOUNTS:
- Jelly Roll strips are 2-1/2 inches so every 10 strips is 2/3 yard (plus an inch). 30 strips is 2 yards plus 3 inches. 40 strips is 2-3/4 yards. 50 strips is 3-1/2 yards.
- Honey Buns are 1-1/2 inches so 10 strips is just slightly under 1/3 yard. 40 strips are 1-2/3 yards.
- Desert Rolls are 10 (5 x 45) strips or just slightly over 1-1/3 yard.
- Turnovers are 80 (6 inch) triangles and is equal to slightly over 1 yard.
- Charms are 5 inch squares. 40 charms is equal to 2/3 of a yard.
- Layer Cakes are 10 inch squares. 40 layer cake squares are equal to 2-3/4 yards